What Do I Do If Someone Who Owes Me Money Passes Away?

Our Oakland Probate Litigation Lawyer Explains Your Rights

When a family member, friend or acquaintance passes away without repaying the money he or she owes you, you may have the ability to file a lawsuit to gain this debt. It is in your best interest to speak with an Oakland probate litigation attorney as soon as possible about your situation, and to learn if you are entitled to seek money from the estate of someone who has passed. Contact our Oakland probate litigation lawyers today.

Video Transcription

If someone who owed you money died, there are very specific steps and very strict time limits that apply and it is possible to sue their estate or to sue their trust or to sue the heirs who inherited their money, but it’s very difficult and you definitely need the help of a lawyer. It’s actually harder to collect from a trust of someone who died owing you money, but it’s still possible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *